As part of the state-wide initiative “Oklahoma Archaeology Month,” the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History invites the Norman and the Metro-area to “Archaeology Day at the Museum” on October 17 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Experience the museum like never before with interactive games, flintknapping demonstrations, atlatl target practice and behind-the-scenes tours given by the curator and graduate students. All activities are included with the price of museum admission.
These fun activities are great for the whole family!
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2015
Time: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Archaeology Day Activities
- Flintknapping Demonstration
- Learn Traditional Cordage: “Knot” Your Everyday Activity!
- Archaeologist-led Tours of the Hall of People of Oklahoma
- Learn to Throw an Atlatl: High-Tech Paleolithic Weaponry!
- Archaeo-scavenger Hunt in the Hall of People of Oklahoma
- Sandbox Excavations (don’t forget the sunscreen)
- Archaeology-themed Arts & Crafts