Registration to volunteer at the 2019 ONAYLF will open on January 7, 2019. If you want to volunteer, please click here or call the ONAYLF office at (405) 325-7588.
The Fair depends on volunteers to provide staffing. In addition to the voluntary judges, volunteers are needed in the registration areas and each of the performance venues to undertake a variety of tasks. The volunteer positions are listed below.
- Registration assistant: Morning – Assist with check-in for participants. Afternoon – assist with t-shirt handout and pickup of materials. Must communicate politely and effectively with fair participants. Low activity.
- Event room general assistant: Assists stage manager, audiovisual staff and/or judge’s assistant. Gets water for emcee and judges if needed. Moderate to high activity.
- Judge’s assistant and/or tabulator: Sits by judge’s table, distributes score sheets and picks up score sheets. Tabulates results and provides the results to the emcee. Makes sure list of winners gets to ONAYLF staff. Low activity.
- Book/poster station: Monitor the book table to insure books remain on table and that individuals who look at books are careful with them. Ask individuals to not touch posters. Low activity.
- Lunch setup/clean up: Assist with setting up lunch for volunteers, judges and ONAYLF staff. Transports food if needed. General cleanup of lunch tables. Moderate activity.
- Education classroom monitor: Sit in education classroom that is used as rehearsal area. Be available for questions and to discourage looking through drawers, etc. Low activity.
- Stage manager: Help students to line up for categories. Get presentation cards from student/teacher and give to emcee. May provide assistance in getting student’s props on/off stage. Props are typically not large. Please contact ONAYLF staff for further information. Moderate to high activity.
- Emcee: Stands at podium and announces category and performers. Speaks to crowd during judging and tabulation. Announces winners. May assist in passing out medals and trophies. Please contact ONAYLF staff for further information. High activity.
Individuals who pre-register to volunteer for four (4) hours or more will receive a T-shirt and a lunch on the day(s) they volunteer. Individuals who register after the deadline will receive a lunch but will only receive a shirt if there are leftovers. A sign-in sheet will be present on both days. Failure to sign in or failure to complete four hours will mean that you did not meet requirements and your shirt will not be released.
If you have not volunteered before and would like more information about volunteer duties, please call the ONAYLF staff at (405) 325-7588. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
By registering as a volunteer you acknowledge that you have read and attest to your understanding of the Sam Noble Museum Volunteer Guidelines Minors on Campus.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age or disability. If you need a letter for your employer, please let us know and we will be happy to confirm your volunteer hours with us. Thank you for completing this application form and for your interest in volunteering with us. Questions about volunteering for the Fair? Contact the Fair staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (405) 325-7588.