What is SciencEscape?
Take your students on the field-trip of a lifetime, at no cost and no missed class time! SciencEscape brings the Sam Noble Museum and ExplorOlogy® to your students for an unforgettable day discovering science! Teachers (grades 1-12) and up to 20 of their students will work with real scientists from the Sam Noble Museum to explore science in and around the museum. Students will then have the opportunity to explore the museum’s exhibits. SciencEscape is a unique professional development opportunity for teachers and an exciting way for their students to experience science in a real-world context.
Program Dates: One day during Spring Break at the Sam Noble Museum.
Fees: This program is offered at no cost to the school or participants. ExplorOlogy® is sponsored in part by the Sam Noble Museum and Oklahoma’s oil and natural gas producers and royalty owners, through the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board (OERB).
Participants will be required to provide their own transportation to and from the museum on the day of the program.
Eligibility: Public, private and homeschool Oklahoma teachers of grades 1-12 are eligible to apply.
What can I expect from the SciencEscape program?
ExplorOlogy® educators and scientists will invite you and up to 30 of your students to the Sam Noble Museum the morning of the program. After engaging in a fun, hands-on introduction to the scientific process, participants will get a behind-the-scenes look at how we bring science from the field to the museum and take part in their very own research project! After lunch, participants will receive complimentary admission to explore the museum galleries before heading home from their day of science discovery.
What SciencEscape will provide your group:
- A day of unique science experiences!
- Necessary equipment and supplies
- Scientists from the Sam Noble Museum and ExplorOlogy® educators to guide your students in their science discovery.
- Complimentary admission to the Sam Noble Museum for selected participants for the day of the program.
What ExplorOlogy® will ask of the selected teacher/school:
- Select the students for participation and provide ExplorOlogy® with a list of names prior to the program.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the Sam Noble Museum on the day of the program.
- Provide at least one chaperone per every five students for grades K-5, or one chaperone per every ten students for grades 6-12.
- Provide or arrange lunch for selected participants.
- Distribute a SciencEscape parent information letter to parents before program day.
- Be ready to explore science with their students!