We have guidelines in place to help keep everyone safe, including requiring advanced registration for all museum admission. Please read through this page before reserving your tickets.
Thank you for your patience and continued support!
Per OU policy, masks are required for all visitors ages 3 and up.
Click here for more information on the university’s mandatory masking policy.
Timed Ticketing Hours
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 5 p.m.
Time-slots: 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (currently reserved for higher-risk guests on Friday and Saturday)
10:30 a.m. – noon
2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed from noon to 2 p.m. for cleaning and disinfecting.
1 to 5 p.m.
Time-slots: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
3 p.m. – 5 p.m
All admission tickets require a reservation. This includes all tickets for members or other free ticket options. All ticket prices are listed below.
Click here to reserve tickets online, or call Visitor Services at (405) 325-7977 to reserve your tickets over the phone.
- There are a limited number of tickets available for each of the four daily time-slots, so make sure to book ahead!
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and our Health and Safety Guidelines, we are limiting groups to 10 people or fewer at a time.
- There is a time limit of one and a half (1.5) hours in the museum to help maintain healthy social-distancing. Please arrive as close to your scheduled time-slot as possible to ensure the most time for your visit.
- If you are booking a free ticket (i.e. for members or veterans), please show valid I.D. at the Visitor Services desk when you arrive.
- Please contact Visitor Services at (405) 325-7977 for help with any questions or concerns regarding our new Health and Safety Guidelines.
$6 seniors (age 65 and up)
$5 children (ages 4-17)
Children 3 and under free
(Valid I.D. must be presented to receive a discount)
$7 OU Faculty and Staff
Free OU Students
Free OU Alumni Association Members
Free Active Duty Military and Veterans ($1 discount for family members)
- No admission fee is required to visit Excavations, the museum store.
- At this time, the Redbud Café is closed to the public. An updated schedule will be coming soon.
- Tickets and gift passes are available at the front desk. For more information, call (405) 325-7977.
2401 Chautauqua Ave. Norman, Oklahoma 73072
Located on the University of Oklahoma Campus
Wheelchairs are available for loan from the museum Visitor Services desk at no cost.
Flash photography is allowed in all of the museum’s permanent galleries. For traveling exhibits, please check with the Welcome Desk if personal photography is allowed. Professional photographers are asked to contact the museum’s public relations department at (405) 325-0598 before photographing in the museum.
Media Requests and Contact
Policies, procedures and contact information for scheduling an interview or other media requests can be found here.