Volunteers are at the heart of the Sam Noble Museum community. They inspire understanding, appreciation, and stewardship of the earth and its people.
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
- Discover our volunteer opportunities by clicking front of the house or back of the house or click here to be a Virtual Volunteer!
- Fill out an application form here. Or visit the volunteer office at the museum for an application form.
- Receive confirmation email and schedule a meeting.
- Attend new volunteer training session and complete all required paperwork and background check.
- Select an area of volunteer service and attend area-specific training if needed.
- Begin volunteering!
Email: email@example.com Phone: (405) 325-1652
The Sam Noble Museum community is full of natural science and cultural enthusiasts. There is something here for everyone from behind the scenes work with fossils and artifacts, to working with the public. There are front of the house (working with the public) and back of the house (collections and office) volunteer opportunities.
Available Volunteer Positions
Volunteer Collection Assistant needed (open until all hours are filled)
Provides assistance to the Archaeology Collections Manager with a grant-funded project to directly label artifacts for the Bureau of Reclamation held-in-trust collections. Available hours are Thursday (8-1) and Friday (2-5). Additional hours might be available after training. This project is a highly repetitive and monotonous task, but it is one of the most essential tasks needed before a collection can be considered completely finished.
Requirements: Must have good eye sight, good handwriting, excellent attention to detail, excellent hand dexterity, and ability to work with small items. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Must have excellent communication skills. Must be able to commit to a set schedule for the rest of the academic Spring semester, as the work for this project must be completed on a timed schedule.
Volunteer Collection Assistant needed
Herpetology is seeking a new volunteer to begin Summer 2022, that has experience in 3D printing.