The Teen Volunteer Program has a new format for 2019!
The Sam Noble Museum is well known for its large public events featuring a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. New in 2019, the Teen Volunteer Program will give participants the opportunity to learn how to create, develop and implement an activity for these events! During the two-week summer session, the teen volunteers will learn about the mission of the Sam Noble Museum and how it develops experiences to engage visitors with the natural world. Participants will then work collaboratively to create a craft or a game that may be featured at Spike’s Spooktacular Fall Fest or Holiday Happening. Following the summer session, participants must attend one follow-up session in October or December to either complete preparation of the activity or facilitate the activity with visitors at the event.
- Between the ages of 14 and 17 by the start date of the program (June 17, 2019)
- Available for all dates of the program
- Able to attend a group interview on Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Must attend one of the following sessions from June 17 to June 28:
- Morning Session: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 1 – 4 p.m.
- Must attend one of the following:
- Fall preparation for Spike’s Spooktacular Fall Fest: Date and Time TBD
- Spike’s Spooktacular Fall Fest: Thursday, October 24, 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fall preparation for Holiday Happening: Date and Time TBD
- Holiday Happening: Wednesday, December 4, 3:30-7:30 p.m.